Friday 22 February 2013

water marble fail = win

Hey!

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while, uni is a bit crazy at the moment! I update my instagram much more frequently so why not follow me on there? username @trashedandlacquered :D

Anywhoo, these nails started off as a water marble but that totally failed! Seems to be a theme on this blog lol!! I'm sooo jealous of anyone who can water marble!!
So I decided that I would play around with the polish in the water, as mine wasn't spreading as it should, and I came up with this pretty cool design :)




I actually think my right hand turned out better than my left!



(btw my camera's playing up a bit and i couldn't get a great picture on my phone :( sorry!)

I've also done a sort of tutorial in case you wanted to have a go :)


1- Paint your nails a base colour. I used a make-up sponge to create a 4 square gradient. (the blue and purple kinda blended too much lol) tape around your nails to reduce the amount of cleanup at the end
2- Drop some polish into a cup of water
3- I used slightly colder water so the polish wouldn't spread like it does for normal water marbling.
4- Start in the middle of the polish, using a toothpick swirl the polish around 
5 & 6- Keep swirling until you are happy with the design



7- Dip your finger into the part of the design you like the best
8- Remove the excess polish from the water using a toothpick
9- Using a cotton bud and a brush, clean the excess polish from your around your nail
10- Add a topcoat and you're done :D

If you have any questions about this please feel free to ask :D

Thanks!
C x


No comments:

Post a Comment