Wednesday 30 January 2013

Blog name change

I've changed the name of my blog!!

When I decided to start a blog I had NO idea what to call it so I called it the first thing that came to me and was available... polish and sparkles.
I know, its pants
So I was listening to a bit of Avenged sevenfold, and inspiration hit! And so Trashed and Lacquered is born (after the song trashed and scattered)

I've also got a new camera (I was using my iPhone before) so hopefully the pictures will be better quality from now on :)

Anyways, on to the nails :)

I got this Barry M foil effects polish in silver at the weekend, so thought I'd try it out :)
I painted two coats of Barry M black, then mattified it using Rimmel matte top coat, then started playing around with the striping brushes and silver foil polish.



I don't really like the results but I'm pretty new to all of this, and hopefully I'll improve over time :)

So I took that one off pretty quickly, and decided to whack out the Nails inc. haul I got at the weekend (6 full size polishes, three miniatures, a miniature top coat, nail file and hand cream, all in the sale :D)



Two coats of Nails inc. the thames, and two coats of Barry M black on ring finger, both followed by Rimmel Matte finish top coat




This is the first Grey in my collection and  love it!! I'm also a teeny bit obsessed with the matte look at the moment lol!! 

It got too late to start doing nail art, so that's it for today :) 

Thanks :)
C x




No comments:

Post a Comment