Monday 28 January 2013

Gradient rainbow stripes

I was having a look at chalkboard nails and the 31 day challenge nails she had done this year, and two of her entries inspired me to create these nails. I loved the stripes down the sides in this post and the rainbow gradient in this post, so I decided to combine the two :)



I have also bought a matte top coat, so I thought I'd try them matte-y-fied (is that a word? it is now lol) and I think I prefer it matte!!




I used the technique on chalkboard nails for the gradient, then once that was dry I used striping tape to mark off the edges and pained them black :)

The colours I used were NYC spring street (orange), NYC lexington yellow, NYC water street blue and Barry M spring green, then Barry M black for the edges and a topcoat of Rimmel matte finish.

Just be careful when removing the tape, I was on my second to last nail, removing the tape and it flicked over and smudged onto my index nail on my left hand :( it was really late as well so I didn't have time to fix it and its been bugging me all day!!

What do you think?

Thanks
C x

No comments:

Post a Comment