Thursday 24 January 2013

Licorice allsorts nails

I was visiting my mum at the weekend, and my stepdad was eating licorice allsorts. I had just ordered some nail caviar online, and the round bobbly (is that a word??) sweets reminded me of it, so I was inspired to create a licorice allsorts mani!

I used this picture (found on google) to get the colours and designs, and used tape and a striping brush to achieve the look :)

Colours used: thumb - Sally Hansen ballet rouges, index - Collection 2000 french white, middle - Sally Hansen yellow kitty, ring finger - Barry M blueberry underneath luxe talons nail caviar, little finger - a mix of Collection 2000 hip hop, ORLY white (no colour on tiny bottle) Sally Hansen yellow kitty and a teeeeeny bit of 17 risky red. All black accents done with Barry M black.



Quite a few gaps that aren't too noticeable in real life


I decided to try a top coat on the caviar, not really a good idea... a lot of the balls lost their colour, but overall still pleased with the look :)

What do you think? Would you have known they were licorice allsorts if I hadn't told you?

Thanks
Cx

No comments:

Post a Comment